Then to Now...

Then to Now...
Baker's progress...

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Complete Wonder…

I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. This has been another week of wonders. Good eye test, no more breathing tube, we can pick him up and hold him and hand him to each other. It took over 8 weeks for us to do another thing that parents usually do the day their baby is born; swaddle him, pick him up out of his bed and hold him, then hand him off. It sounds like such a standard thing, but we've waited over 8 long weeks to be able to enjoy this.
Baker is still taking no prisoners; his voice is coming back stronger every time I see him. He is now on a low flow nasal cannula (as opposed to high flow I guess?) When the first put him on the nasal cannula it seemed like it was blowing some serious air into his tiny nostrils. This had to be very irritating because I could just imagine how annoying it would be to have fast moving air blowing constantly up my nose. Now he's on the low flow, and though there still is a steady stream of oxygenated air blowing into his nose – it's a gentler stream of air.
The little man is still eating like a champ, and his feeds have increased. He's also starting to let us know when he's hungry. He makes the funniest faces; he seems so serious sometimes for such a little guy. Now some pictures…









3 comments:

Dirtie Birdie said...

Is that a double chin that I see at bath time??? That's an awesome sign of good eating!
We love you Baker!
Katie, Scotland and Kiah

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!! I'm so happy that you two, Mom and Dad, are finally getting to enjoy some of the "baby" moments so often taken for granted.
God Bless to the Tynefield family.
...Yes I think I saw a double chin, also. Nonnie would be so proud!
Love from the Cruz Family

Barb Matijevich said...

I am so thrilled for you. I've followed along with great interest and many prayers. I was thinking that maybe you have created a parenting experience that is totally unique. My guess is that you will NEVER ever take for granted the little every day interactions with Baker. God bless you all. --Barb