Then to Now...

Then to Now...
Baker's progress...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Changes

Overall Baker is still fighting along. We got the results from the cranial ultrasound and the IVH, has not changed. We are learning that we have to adjust our expectations for Tuesdays (the day we get the results of the Monday Cranial Ultrasound), again we thought we would see signs of it resolving and again we were disappointed. There is a lot on the internet and the books we have about Intraventricular Hemorrhages, and they aren't good; especially when you get in to the Grade III and Grade IV variety. The bright side is we both found a wealth of stories from Mom's of babies that had Grade III and Grade IV and are absolutely fine. These stories are what we hold on to when despair starts to creep in.


They started him on a diuretic because he's started to retain fluids and swell a little bit. They are going to start his feeding back up today as well, his bowel sounds are normal again. He's opening his eyes more now, but every time I tried to get a picture he closed them again.



2 comments:

Annabanana said...

I'm sorry you didn't get better results this week...I suspect it's going to be a rollercoaster for you for awhile, but I take it as very good signs that that boy has a personality and communicates with you all so well already! JUST THIS BREATH....(my meditation mantra)

with love to you all!

Barb Matijevich said...

You must be so exhausted. I wish I could magically give you all ten hours of deep sleep--including Baker. I am praying for you guys! Hold on!

Barb