Then to Now...

Then to Now...
Baker's progress...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy 3 Week Birthday Baker

Well he hit another milestone last night, and of course it's the one night I forget the camera. He opened both of his eyes yesterday!!! I'm not sure if I detailed this in any of my previous posts, but when Baker was born both of his eyes were fused shut. This is common for preemies his age. He apparently opened his eyes yesterday afternoon, but then didn't open them again until they put him on Teresa to hold. So now we can really know when he's awake and asleep. We are still too early to know the condition of his eyes; it's common for neonates to have vision problems. Another thing we have to think about is ROP or retinopathy of prematurity. This is another scary disorder we have to worry about until he get's his eyes checked out by an ophthalmologist (Sometime in his 4th week).

He had another good day yesterday and loved his Mommy time.

I also want to send thanks to Barb Cooper from So The Thing Is…BLOG. She wrote a sweet post about Baker and was generous enough to knit him a hat. You can read the post by clicking HERE . Once Baker get's his hat we will take plenty of pictures and post them here

Thank you everyone for your Prayers and Support!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot!!! Awesome.

Love you guys!

Sky

Barb Matijevich said...

Wow, I'm so honored that you spared even one thought for me in the midst of everything else. Anyway, I didn't do much --it was your cousin and she has a heart as big as Texas. I hope the hats get there soon and that Baker will feel all the love and prayers and everything else good knitted into them. God bless you all and especially the little man. --Barb